I don’t know how many games of tag I played as a kid – tons. Now I’ve been caught in a blog tag! Here are the Rules:
- Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
- Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
- Tag 3 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
- Let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog.
My tagger: Loping Loubob Linda
- I sang mezzo soprano in my college choir, and still enjoy listening and humming along to choral music.
- I rode my ten-speed everywhere as a teenager. It wasn’t exercise, it was transportation. I frequently rode sitting up, without using the handlebars.
- On race mornings I can’t eat both pieces of toast, even though every other day of my life I eat two pieces for breakfast.
- When I’m conversing with new, interesting people I can never think of any good questions until after it’s too late to ask. It drives me nuts.
- I read the entire book of Heidi and much of the Anne of Green Gables series up in a big ol’ poplar tree down my back alley when I was 11.
Oh yes, I ran with the CRR 10k group Tuesday evening. Jason, Thomas, Davey-the-Scot and I ran to and around Bruce’s loop to warm up and then did 6 x 600m repeats back and forth in the park near the Children’s Hospital.
The path there has a slightly undulating incline, which makes the 600m up seem like a lot more work than running it back down. I totally miscalculated my effort in the first sprint up – set out at a 400m cadence and just about heaved up a lung by the end. I guess I shouldn’t have drunk that extra coffee late in the afternoon at work earlier. Davey was nursing a sore calf and was going to pace me, but exclaimed at my craziness, “What the heck were you up to!” All I could gasp as I shook my head, with my hands on my knees, was “No good!”
I sensibly kept the rest of the up-slope repeats at a decent tempo pace, and let Dave carry the conversation while I grunted short replies.